- Wheels, Wings and Things – Transportation Day is Friday from in Waverly (Waverly Elementary/Middle and the Y next door). Come by and see tanks, trucks, and helicopters and meet their operators!
- Big Truck Day is Saturday from 9AM to 1PM at the Museum of Industry on Key Highway. Come see everything from fire trucks, SWAT vans, and even street sweepers. This is a very popular event with the kids, so get there early! Make sure to bring headphones if you or your children don't like loud noises as plenty of kids will be honking horns.
- Ciclovia on Sunday (from noon to 4PM) allows bikers and walkers to go from Roland Park to Druid Hill Park without any pesky traffic in your way.
- Ships will be the showcase of the annual National Maritime Day Festival (Pictured above) on Sunday on pier 13 out past Canton. This is one of your few chances a year to go aboard the NS Savannah (the first non-military nuclear ship in the world), so don't miss it! There are also food trucks, sailing tanks, and lots of other ships to check out.
- The Waverly Farmers Market is open every Saturday from 7AM to noon.
- The huge Baltimore City Farmers Market & Bazaar is open every Sunday from 7AM to noon.
- The Washington Monument is open and ready to be climbed! Stop by to see the ground floor gallery Wednesday to Sunday. If you have a desire to climb the 227 steps to the top, you may need to reserve a time-slot ahead of time (only 5 people are allowed on the stairs at any one time). Email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time and the cost to climb is $5 per person.
- The Bromo Seltzer Arts Tower is free to go in on Saturday, with $5 clock tours.
- Both the Walters Art Museum and the Baltimore Museum of Art are always FREE.
As always, keep an eye on the events calendar (and the free concerts calendar) on the right-hand side of the site, and get out to support some of these amazing local events.