- The May Day Festival is Friday from 11:30AM-1:30PM at Center Plaza Downtown. Bring the kids to see the petting zoo, play games, get their faces painted, and more!
- The seasons first Summer Social at West Shore Park is Friday from 5-8PM. Sons of Pirates headlines this free live music show.
- BBQ, beer, and music mix wonderfully at Union Craft's Black Friday event. Don't forget that you can take the light rail straight to the brewery.
- McHenry Row is having a block party from 6-9PM on Friday. Live music, food, and beer are the order of the night.
- A little horse race called the Preakness Stakes is Saturday. With over 100,000 people attending, this is one of the biggest events of the year.
- PortFest (pictured above) is Sunday from 10AM to 3PM. Get a rare chance to climb aboard the NS Savannah (the first non-military nuclear ship ever) and check out a variety of other port ships.
And a few things that go on every weekend that you should take part in:
- The Bromo Seltzer Arts Tower is free to go in on Saturday, with $5 clock tours.
- The Baltimore Farmers Market is in full swing on Sunday, and the Waverly Market is on Saturday.
- Both the Walters Art Museum and the Baltimore Museum of Art are always FREE.
- The Book Thing is a free book store, and is open weekends.
- WaterFront Wellness has FREE classes ranging from Yoga to Parkour every week!
As always, keep an eye on the events calendar (and the free concerts calendar) on the right-hand side of the site, and get out to support some of these amazing local events!