- The Original Washington Monument in Mount Vernon is reopening! An old-time country fair will be held on Saturday as part of a full day of festivities around the monument. It looks stunning, so go get a chance to climb to the top!
- The American Visionary Arts Museum has their 4th of July pet parade and animal talent show on Saturday at 10AM.
- Baltimore hosts the largest 4th of July fireworks show in the state! They start at 9:30PM and should be on FOX 45 if you can't attend in person. If you're able to make it down, choose a spot along the waterfront pretty much anywhere between Canton and Locust Point. The 3 barges can be seen for quite a distance.
And a few things that go on every weekend that you should take part in:
- The Bromo Seltzer Arts Tower is free to go in on Saturday, with $5 clock tours.
- The Baltimore Farmers Market is in full swing on Sunday, and the Waverly Market is on Saturday.
- Both the Walters Art Museum and the Baltimore Museum of Art are always FREE.
- The Book Thing is a free book store, and is open weekends.
- WaterFront Wellness has FREE classes ranging from Yoga to Parkour every week!
As always, keep an eye on the events calendar (and the free concerts calendar) on the right-hand side of the site, and get out to support some of these amazing local events!