- Technically not this weekend, but worth pointing out that the Washington Monument Lighting is this Thursday night (and shouldn't be missed).
- Fells Point has their Olde Tyme Christmas festivities on Saturday from 9AM to 7PM. The event wraps up with the Lighted Boat Parade.
- Speaking of the parade, you can watch the Lighted Boat Parade from anywhere in the Inner Harbor. Click the link above to see a map of the route.
- Hampden has a bit of the darker side of Christmas on Saturday night with Krampuslauf II.
- The 42nd annual Mayor's Christmas parade (the biggest Christmas parade in the city) in Hampden is this Sunday starting at 1PM. Grab a spot along the Avenue (or anywhere on the 2.5 mile route) and see some truly fun stuff. My favorite is the mummers of Philadelphia that come down each year en mass.
- The Patterson Park Pagoda will be lit on Sunday at 5PM. Perhaps a bit less fanfare than the Washington Monument lighting, but it's still a beautiful building and it looks even better with Christmas lights._
Also don't forget about the Christmas lights on 34th street and that both the German Christmas Village and Pandora Ice Rink are open!
- The Washington Monument is open again! Stop by to see the ground floor gallery Thursdays from 4-9PM and Friday-Sundays from Noon to 5PM. If you have a desire to climb the 227 steps to the top, you may need to reserve a time-slot ahead of time (only 5 people are allowed on the stairs at any one time). Email email@example.com to schedule a time and the cost to climb is $5 per person.
- The Bromo Seltzer Arts Tower is free to go in on Saturday, with $5 clock tours.
- Both the Walters Art Museum and the Baltimore Museum of Art are always FREE.
- The Book Thing is a free book store, and is open weekends.
As always, keep an eye on the events calendar (and the free concerts calendar) on the right-hand side of the site, and get out to support some of these amazing local event