- Otakon - If you've been in Baltimore for any amount of time, you've heard about this one. The largest Japanese Anime festival in North America invades town all weekend. At the very least go downtown for the people watching. Make sure to compliment the really awesome costumes... these guys spend a ton of effort on them.
- Pints in the Park - Live music by Nellys Echo, $2 Brewers Art beers, $2 Linganore wines, games, and food at Center Plaza this Friday from 5-9PM.
- Fresh Summer Nights - Canton Crossing has a new (free) outdoor music series on Fridays in August. Come by from 7-9PM to listen to Mambo Combo and don't forget to bring a blanket to lay out on. Alcohol is permitted at this event, and Venti-Tre is giving you $5 off 2 entrees during the show.
- Friday Night Live! - Jessie's Girl will play a free show at Power Plant Live on Friday starting at 6PM (21+ only).
- Moonrise Festival - Saturday and Sunday at Pimlico will be packed with acts at this music festival.
- Sam Adams Brew and View - Wedding Crashers will be shown (for free) at the Canton Waterfont Park on Saturday night, but make sure to get tickets in advance.
- Union Craft 2nd Anniversary party - Expect this to be packed, because Union Craft is awesome.
- Boulevard of Chic Fashion Truck Rally - On Sunday from Noon until 7PM, come see dozens of Baltimore's best mobile fashion, fitness, and cosmetic boutiques as they gather at Rash Field.
- Baltimore Restaurant Week - While a few places will keep the deals going until next week, this weekend is your last chance to take advantage of some great deals.
And a few things that go on every weekend that you should take part in:
- The Bromo Seltzer Arts Tower is free to go in on Saturday, with $5 clock tours.
- The Baltimore Farmers Market is in full swing on Sunday, and the Waverly Market is on Saturday.
- Bmore Flea Market is open on Saturday at the Inner Harbor.
- Both the Walters Art Museum and the Baltimore Museum of Art are always FREE.
- The Book Thing is a free book store, and is open weekends.
- Waterfront Wellness is free Yoga, Zumba, and more at West Shore Park every weekend.
- Outdoor Movies - Lots of free movies throughout the week!
- Outdoor Concerts - Lots of free concerts all over the city!
As always, keep an eye on the events calendar (and the free concerts calendar) on the right-hand side of the site, and get out to support some of these amazing local events!