- Vegan Restaurant Week starts today and runs until August 26th. 30 restaurants will participate in this inaugural endeavor, each pushing themselves to make truly different vegan dishes that are interesting enough to try regardless of if you're vegan or not.
- McHenry Row will shut down the street for their Summer Block Party on Friday from 5-9PM. Games, live music, food trucks, and RAR brewing!
- Come see some serious dancers at the Lindy 500 and Lindy Hop Championships this whole weekend at Mobtown Ballroom.
- St Gabriel's Italian Festival is on Saturday and Sunday in Little Italy. Brace yourself for the Roma sausage eating contest.
- The Maryland Folk Metal Fest will be coming back to the Ottobar on Saturday. Costumes are HIGHLY encouraged, so you know it will be a sight to see.
And something to keep in mind for next week: the Cirque Soleil show OVO will be at the Royal Farms arena August 23rd to August 27th. Get your tickets now.
- The Waverly Farmers Market is open every Saturday from 7AM to noon.
- The huge Baltimore City Farmers Market & Bazaar is open every Sunday from 7AM to noon.
- The Washington Monument is open and ready to be climbed! Stop by to see the ground floor gallery Wednesday to Sunday. If you have a desire to climb the 227 steps to the top, you may need to reserve a time-slot ahead of time (only 5 people are allowed on the stairs at any one time). Email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time and the cost to climb is $5 per person.
- The Bromo Seltzer Arts Tower is free to go in on Saturday, with $5 clock tours.
- Both the Walters Art Museum and the Baltimore Museum of Art are always FREE.
- Waterfront Wellness is your chance to get into great outdoor fitness classes that are FREE!
As always, keep an eye on the events calendar (and the free concerts calendar) on the right-hand side of the site, and get out to support some of these amazing local events.