- Artscape! If there's only one Baltimore event you go to all year, this one should probably be it. It's the largest free arts festival in America, so prepare ahead. They have a great app for your phone to make it a bit easier as well. One of the biggest events will be the cast of the Wire speaking at the Lyric. Tickets for that will be free, so they will be hard to come by.
- Sharkscape will be at the Ottobar on Saturday night at 9PM. Besides learning about Sharks (which are awesome btw), why miss out on a shark-themed dance party?
- The CONCACAF Gold Cup quarterfinals are on Saturday at Ravens Stadium. The US takes on Cuba and Haiti takes on Jamaica.
- Summer Fest at Power Plant Live! is on Saturday starting at 4PM. Live music (including Dropkick Murphys), food trucks, and lots of drinks will make the downtown rock.
- The Washington Monument has reopened! You can stop by to see the ground floor gallery Thursdays from 4-9PM and Friday-Sundays from Noon to 5PM. If you have a desire to climb the 227 steps to the top, you may need to reserve a time-slot ahead of time (only 5 people are allowed on the stairs at any one time). Email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time. It's free to climb until the end of July, at which time it will switch to $5 per person.
And a few things that go on every weekend that you should take part in:
- The Bromo Seltzer Arts Tower is free to go in on Saturday, with $5 clock tours.
- The Baltimore Farmers Market is in full swing on Sunday, and the Waverly Market is on Saturday.
- Both the Walters Art Museum and the Baltimore Museum of Art are always FREE.
- The Book Thing is a free book store, and is open weekends.
- WaterFront Wellness has FREE classes ranging from Yoga to Parkour every week!
As always, keep an eye on the events calendar (and the free concerts calendar) on the right-hand side of the site, and get out to support some of these amazing local events!