- Baltimore Restaurant Week has been extended to February 7th due to the snow storm! Now's your chance to go check out some great places that might have been booked up before.
- The MotorTrend Auto Show is all weekend long at the Baltimore Convention Center. This is by far the best place to check out cars you can actually buy (without the pressure and hassle of a car dealership).
- Domino Day at the Maryland Science Center (from 1-2:30PM). What's better than setting up a huge domino display? Watching it come down.
- The Walters is celebrating the Chinese New Year on Sunday from Noon until 3PM. Watch the performances and let the kids do an art project.
- The Washington Monument is open again! Stop by to see the ground floor gallery Thursdays from 4-9PM and Friday-Sundays from Noon to 5PM. If you have a desire to climb the 227 steps to the top, you may need to reserve a time-slot ahead of time (only 5 people are allowed on the stairs at any one time). Email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time and the cost to climb is $5 per person.
- The Bromo Seltzer Arts Tower is free to go in on Saturday, with $5 clock tours.
- Both the Walters Art Museum and the Baltimore Museum of Art are always FREE.
- The Book Thing is a free book store, and is open weekends.
As always, keep an eye on the events calendar (and the free concerts calendar) on the right-hand side of the site, and get out to support some of these amazing local events.