With Opening Day for the Orioles exactly one week from today, a look back at previous Opening Days at Camden Yards is in order. All the numbers below are from 1992-2012.
- The Orioles are an impressive 15-6 on Opening Days at Camden Yards (a .714 win percentage). At Memorial Stadium the Orioles were 24-14 on Opening Days (a .632 win percentage).
- 988,272 people have attended Opening Day at Camden Yards, averaging 47,060 people per year. The current stadium capacity is listed at 45,971. The highest attendance for Opening Day was in 2010 at 48,891.
- Mike Mussina had the most Opening Day starts for the Orioles at 6, but the Orioles were 3-3 when he started. The next most common starter was Rodrigo Lopez, with 3 Opening Day starts (all 3 of which ended with a win).
- The Orioles have averaged 4.9 runs a game for Opening Days, while giving up an average of 3.6 runs. In the games that they won, they averaged 5.9 runs, and gave up an average of 2.7 runs. They have out-scored opponents 103-76 in all Opening Days in Camden Yards, good for a +27 run differential.
- The Orioles have scored 10 runs 3 times (1999,2002,2009), and have only been shutout once in 1995. The highest overall scoreline was a 10-7 Orioles win vs the Rays in 1999. The other two 10 run games were wins vs the Yankees.
- The average game-time on Opening Day is 2 hours and 57 minutes. The shortest opening day game was the very first game in Camden Yards in 1992 at 2 hours and 2 minutes. The longest games were in 1999 and 2003. Both games lasted 3 hours and 45 minutes. The game in 2003 included a snowy 13 innings.
- The average temperature is 60 degrees on Opening Days at Camden Yards. The warmest year was 1998 at 84 degrees and the coldest was in 2004 at 43 degrees. Opening Day for 2013 is forecasted to be 61 degrees (possibly rainy).
- The Orioles are awesome. Let's Go O's!